Session Description: It’s often difficult to identify the grief or sadness that can be experienced when going through foster care and well after exiting care. Come learn about grief, how to identify loss, and steps you can take to begin to heal your wounded spirit.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand how grief and trauma can manifest in a young person’s behavior (Story of Self / Personal Narrative)
- Identify the unique challenges foster youth face through unidentified or untreated grief (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Describe strategies a young person can use to cope with ambiguous loss and/or grief (Self-Regulation)
- 5m / Introduction & Overview
- 15m / Activity: The Snowflake Metaphor
- 25m / Discussion: What is Grief?
- 10m / Full Circle: Healing from Loss
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Wounded Spirit I: Healing From Loss
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.