Head in the Game Workshop
Session Description: There are many ways to avoid “choking under pressure” when playing the game that is life. If our mental health or the mental health of those around us is neglected, it can make it hard to even get off the bench. Head in the Game focuses on the basics of mental health and its impact on youth in foster care. Remember, you can win the game if you have the right equipment, team, coaches, and knowledge. It’s time to get your head in the game!
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand how youth can use their lived experience to support others experiencing mental health issues (Purpose/Meaningful contribution)
- Identify potential mental health stressors related to foster care, and how to address/manage them in healthy ways (Self-Regulation)
- Understand and identify mental health resources (Knowledge of System)
- 2m / Introduction & Overview
- 3m / Real Story
- 25m / Activity: Is Your Head in the Game?
- 25m / Discussion: Mental Health Stressors
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Mental Health Resources
- SAMHSA Guides (Starting a Conversation & Helping a Loved One)
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.