Session Description: Creating and setting boundaries can be tough in relationships. Together we will learn how to create boundaries that not only feel right but are also healthy. Staying in the Lines I focuses on the strength you can cultivate once you realize you control the way those lines are drawn.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe how the experiences in care, and those leading to entering care, impact your understanding of boundaries (Story of Self / Personal Narrative)
- Understand the process of creating boundaries with others and how it changes in relationships (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Build confidence and understanding of your role in resolving differences in a healthy and respectful way, while honoring the boundaries you set (Self-Regulation)
- 5m / Introduction & Overview
- 10m / Discussion: The Parking Lot Metaphor
- 20m / Activity: Boundary Bullies
- 20m / Activity: Mapping Personal Relationships
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Staying in the Lines I: Notes
- Personal Boundary Map
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.