Session Description: What past experiences shaped who you are? Learn to recognize how past situations may have affected your life and how they have helped you not only get to where you are, but to succeed and grow. As we grow older, our experiences and mindset either breaks us or makes us. ‘See Your Success’ asks you to begin to set a path for a successful future!
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Discuss past accomplishments and challenges, in order to define success for our own lives (Story of Self/Personal Narrative)
- Identify goals you want to accomplish and some of the steps to get there (Purpose/Meaningful contribution)
- Look at and discuss how mindset impacts our ability to succeed (Self-Regulation)
- 2m / Introduction & Overview
- 3m / Real Story
- 20m / Discussion: Shape Your Success
- 30m / Activity: See Your Success
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Original Workshop Creator: 2020 All-Star Jonathan DeJesus (check out his bio!)
Reproducible handouts included:
- See Your Success: A Collage
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.