What you know is important, but who you know can be critical in establishing a path to career success. Join FosterClub in this workshop as we build skills to create and maintain a network, understand the importance of professional boundaries, and identify unique challenges youth in care face.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
- Build skills to create and maintain a network of supportive adults (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Identify unique challenges to building and maintaining your network as a foster youth when building social capital (Knowledge of System)
- 5-10m / Introduction & Overview
- 20m / Activity: Go Fish
- 5-10m / Discussion:Knowing your Equipment
- 5-10m / Discussion: Identifying & Strengthening your Fishing Line
- 5-10m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Social Network Map
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.