Session Description: Why is it important to have a solid, support team? ‘Team Up, Dream Up’ focuses on a team building activity that asks you to think about the value and importance of having a team behind you while navigating the Foster Care system.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify and utilize characteristics of good teamwork(Purpose/Meaningful contribution)
- Build teamwork skills and connect over a teambuilding activity (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Notice and reflect on the emotions you experience when working in a team and practice good teamwork (Self-Regulation)
- Identify your foster care and system team (Knowledge of System)
- 2m / Introduction & Overview
- 3m / Real Story
- 25m / Activity: Team Up, Dream Up
- 20m / Discussion: Why Should I Team Up?
- 5-10m / Optional Activity: Share Your Team Up
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Original Workshop Creator: 2020 All-Star Mayda Berrios (check out her bio!)
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.