Session Description: Feeling stressed or anxious? Come kick back and take it easy. Learn a new mindfulness technique and create a sensory bottle to start or add to your self-care toolkit so that you can help reduce your stress, while showing off your individuality and creativity.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize what causes you stress and come up with working solutions (Story of Self/Personal Narrative)
- Describe how our feel good bottle relates to who we are, so that it might reduce stress and anxiety (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Practice being present and aware of your emotions, while building tools for your self-care (Self-Regulation)
- 10m / Introduction & Overview
- 18m / Discussion: Mind Your Stress
- 30m / Activity: This Feels Good
- 2m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handout included:
- Water Bottle Measurement
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.