Session Description: Remembering and honoring milestones in our personal history is incredibly powerful and transformative. By creating and sharing Milestone Maps, participants will recognize obstacles in the past, identify resources that supported them, and practice sharing their stories with others.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize personal histories and narratives by identifying, documenting, and honoring milestones that led to personal growth and development. (Story of Self /Personal Narrative)
- Acknowledge any purpose your story may have given you. (Purpose/ Meaningful contribution)
- Practice sharing parts of your story with others to connect. (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Recognize how system involvement shapes personal narrative. (Knowledge of System)
- 5m / Introduction & Overview
- 20m / Discussion: Locating Our Milestones
- 50m / Activity: Milestone Mapping
- 10m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Milestones Worksheet
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.