Session Description: Want to find your voice and learn how sharing your story can help others? Come learn how to reframe foster care experiences as expertise and how to safely tell stories by retaining boundaries.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to
- Share personal stories in a healthy and purposeful manner (Story of Self / Personal Narrative)
- Understand how telling a personal story can impact relationships (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Describe the importance of strategic sharing and strategies to determine how and when to discuss personal stories (Self-Regulation)
- 5-10m / Introduction & Overview
- 15-20m / Discussion & Activity: Red, Yellow, or Green Light?
- 15m / Activity: Developing an Escape Hatch
- 20-30m / Activity: Practice Panel
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation
Reproducible handouts included:
- Biography Worksheet
- Strategic Sharing Circles
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.