Session Description: Let’s be honest, crap happens! From sprained ankles to weird rashes, we all need to access a healthcare provider who can help us with the crap that happens. Know who to go to and how to get your needs met when crap happens.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Practice calming techniques when activated during decision-making about accessing healthcare options (Self-Regulation)
- Understand basic terms related to healthcare (Knowledge of System)
Understand healthcare options for current and former foster youth (Knowledge of System)
- 10m / Introduction & Overview
- 30m / Activity: Crap Happened, Now What?
- 15m / Discussion: Keep Cool, Get What You Need
- 10m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Navigating Healthcare Scenarios
- Medicaid Terms & Definitions (Kahoot! Available)
- Healthcare #ffy Flyer
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.