Session Description: Are you always feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and like you have too much going on? Learn to set boundaries through one, not-so-simple word and become empowered by your “NO.” The ‘Power of NO’ will help you grow and practice in voice, redefine “no” and give you the tools to not give into the pressure.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Discuss what no means based on our experiences and redefine it for ourselves (Story of Self/Personal Narrative)
- Identify how saying no can help us build healthy boundaries and empowered relationships (Attachment & Connectedness)
- Practice difficult or challenging situations and recognize our emotions/reactions so healthy outcomes start to become a common practice (Self-Regulation)
- 2m / Introduction & Overview
- 3m / Real Story
- 23m / Discussion: I Don’t “No”
- 25m / Activity: No IS a Complete Sentence
- 2m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Practice Your "NO!"
Original Workshop Creator: 2020 All-Star Nijeria Peterson (check out her bio!)
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.