Session Description: Bring the power of superheroes alive in Shazam!, a fun and creative team-building activity. Work in small groups to flex your resilience, creativity, and hopes for the world. Together you will develop a superhero that has superpowers, a cool costume, and a purpose for living.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe how your superhero relates to your personal history (Story of Self/Personal Narrative)
- Describe how your superhero gives back to others and their community (Purpose/Meaningful contribution)
- Create a superhero that incorporates all participants ideas (Attachment & Connectedness)
- 5m / Introduction & Overview
- 30m / Activity: The Making of a Hero
- 20m / Discussion: SHAZAM - A New Hero is Born!
- 5m / Wrap-up
Slides: Included (optional - not required for presentation)
Reproducible handouts included:
- Shazam! Superhero Team Brainstorm
For more information about SPARK curriculum and the evidence behind it, visit www.fosterclub.org/SPARK
Download of this Curriculum provides a license for ONE TRAINER to deliver the training an unlimited amount of times to young people in foster care. See our License Agreement for details.